- Entry fee $6/adult and $3/child.
- The facility is located in the outskirts of downtown St. George.
- The Dinosaur Discovery Site is open year-round.
- A gift shop is on-site for souvenirs and educational material.
- Take the unique opportunity to volunteer at this pre-historic site.
What began as an effort to level some land in 2000 ended as one of the most recent significant paleontology discoveries. The dinosaur tracks from the early Jurassic Period maintained incredible levels of detail, helping scientists discover secrets about these long-extinct creatures.
The site works as an active paleontology dig, as well as an educational facility to teach visitors some of the misunderstood facts about dinosaurs. It also actively pursues getting kids interested in paleontology and science in general.
Location / Directions
To find the site of these significant footprints, take Washington Exit #10 from I-15. Head south on Green Springs Dr., which eventually becomes 3050 E, then East Riverside Dr. The site will be on the left-hand side of the road.
Dinosaur Discovery Site
2180 East Riverside Dr.
St. George, UT 84790
Phone: (435) 574-3466
Hours / Seasons
- Summer Hours (Mar 1-Sept 30): Open 7 Days a Week, Monday-Saturday 10am-6pm and Sunday 11am-5pm.
- Winter Hours (Oct 1- Feb 28): Open Monday-Saturday from 10am-5pm. Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.
Fees / Cost
The entrance fee is $6 for anyone over 12 years old, with children over 4 being $3. Young ones under 4 are free.