- Play the Southgate Golf Course, a public 18-hole course in south St. George, Utah.
- Tougher than the distance suggests, the 6,134-yard, par-70 course is open year-round.
- Follow the scenic Santa Clara River as it cuts across the course.
In many ways, Southgate has two courses, the 2,929-yard front nine and the 3,205-yard back nine. The par-34 front nine is short, demanding accuracy and precision in both length and width. Spraying shots will quickly lead to a high score.
The par-36 back nine is longer and more open, including three par-5's. This is where long hitters will be able to make up some strokes, but still, the key is to keep it in the fairway.
Southgate Golf Club is located on the south side of St. George, off I-15 exit #6.
Hours / Seasons
At Southgate Golf Course, Utah's mild winter weather is a great advantage, meaning the course stays open all year. First tee times depend on the season and the sun, generally starting at 8am.
Prices are listed as follows: 18 holes / 9 holes
- January-May: $33 / $20.50
- June-September: $19 / $12.50
- October-December: $33 / $20.50
Prices do not include a golf cart (an extra $14 for 18 holes). Walking is allowed, but almost 70% of the golfers use carts.
To prove things are moving forward and advancing at Southgate Golf Course, St. George has invested time and energy to completely remodel the front nine, allowing for better flow and a configuration that alleviates crowding.
The total yardage for this par-70 course is 6,134 yards, with a 69.1 rating and 118 slope.